1. I got to sleep in.
2. A trip down the hill to buy some miscellaneous cooking supplies, including a mini food processor. We have a large food processor for which we have virtually no use. There are only two of us. I shouldn’t ever need to chop 10 cups of ANYTHING.
3. Taking Piper on the field trip. I know how much I like sticking *my* head out the window during a car ride, but seeing how happy *she* looks always makes me smile. I know I’m ascribing ‘happy’ in an anthropomorphic way, but she wouldn’t keep doing it if she didn’t like it. She’s also always very excited to get wherever we’re going. I can take a lesson from that on occasion.
4. Cleaning up. After getting back from the field trip, I had about 40 minutes before I had to leave for work. I got the entire kitchen clean and new toys put away. I also packed my lunch.
5. Pen pals. My FYA sent me an amazing package which I will detail later. It was a very pleasant surprise.
6. Paleo. Today I cooked my first ever spaghetti squash. I now feel like an idiot for never cooking spaghetti squash. Sure, cutting it in half took a little work but the end result was amazing and I am STOKED about using it for pad thai tomorrow. I also made the Sunshine Sauce from Well Fed* and it’s delicious, so I can’t wait to throw that dinner together when I get home tomorrow.
7. Short week. I’m off Wednesday and Thursday this week. I could change that but I’m not inclined to.
8. Coworkers. I got to work with P tonight – I rarely get to – and we pretty much nailed it down. She tackled her tasks, I tackled mine and we got shit buttoned up before we left. It’s a good feeling to get things done.
9. My hair is long enough to pull back in a clip. This may seem petty but not having to have a ponytail all the time is a blessing.
10. Podcasts. During the field trip, I caught up on my Bookrageous podcasts and discovered there are a few more books I want on my tbr list.
There were things that weren’t awesome about today but why mention them, right? Go out on a good note unless it’s something worth burning down the house for.
Book news, I’m reading Ready Player One and Bright Young Things. I’m equally invested in pages for both by this point and they’re both gripping in different ways. There are still some books on the ‘must read’ shelf of the ‘tbr’ list. But that’s off a while.
*Oh snap! Amazon is telling me that I can loan my copy of Well Fed. Anyone interested? ALSO if you’ve got a prime membership, you can borrow it from Amazon for free! If you’re interested, I would HIGHLY suggest checking it out.